Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I said it before, and I'll say it again.  Government bailouts are not a good idea.'

Back in October, 2008, I wrote an entry that stated how wrong it was for the Federal Government to bailout the banks.  I said it then, and I'll say it again.  Bad Idea!

So let's review.  We gave a mountain of cash to major banks and lending institutions, and the auto industry.  That was four months ago.  Anybody see any improvement?  That's right, neither did I.  Not only was there no improvement, but some of the companies decided to go party with some of that money at lavish resorts.  UNBELIEVABLE!

Told you so.  Government intervention in the free market economy always spells disaster.  We should have learned that lesson from FDR, and other nations that have tried it over the past ten years.  This latest umpteen gillion dollars that is supposed to be a shot in the arm to the economy is going to be like one of those flu shots you get, and the virus isn't quite dead yet.  Yup, that's right, you still get sick.  This is only going to make the situation worse, and prolong the downward trend in the markets and the economy.

I have said before that I want President Obama to succeed, and I still do.  If he succeeds, we all succeed.  But, I'm going to make a big prediction here.  I'm so sure that government involvement in trying to fix the economy is not going to work, I predict that Obama is going to be a one term president.  I know everybody loves him.  But that admiration bubble will burst, or at least leak, and by his mid term, most people will be looking for a new president.

I hope I'm wrong.

No comments: