Thursday, October 9, 2008

Prop 8 must pass

I live in California, the golden state. This place would be paradise if we didn't have so many libs here. We have to pass prop 8. My time is short today, so I can't go into detail, but I would like to ask one question to those who may oppose prop 8, or those who are undecided.

Do you believe in religious freedom? If you don't, you're a lost cause, but if you do, really look into this proposition. The bottom line is that it will take away the freedom of religious people with conservative values. This isn't about being anti gay. It is about preserving the belief that marriage is ordained by God, and is defined as being between a man and a woman.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Do you not have enough time or do you just not have a good argument?

Under the current laws, no one is losing religious freedom. Churches maintain the right to decide who they marry. What Prop 8 seeks to do is prevent same sex marriage across the board. That's not religious freedom. That's limiting people's rights.

I think you're better off admitting it is about being anti-gay.

Scott said...

Actually, I don't have enough time, but I think I'm more informed than you are. In the State of Massachusetts, Where marriage has been redefined, the Catholic Church had to stop their adoption efforts because they don’t believe in letting gay couples adopt. That is a religious belief, substantiated in the Bible.

If Prop 8 doesn’t pass, my church could conceivably be sued for refusing to marry a gay couple. Is that religious freedom? The church could also loose their tax exempt status for not adhering to the State’s anti-discrimination laws. Is that religious freedom?

You need to think beyond the sound bites you here from the media. I am absolutely not anti-gay. I believe in live and let live. Marriage has always been between a man and a woman, and it should stay that way.